Award at a Glance
Award amount: $1,000 and complimentary registration to Experimental Biology
Application deadline: January 19
Questions? Contact: APS Section Administrator
Who can apply: Must be an APS member.
The Cardiovascular Section New Investigator Award was founded by the APS in 2002 and is made possible by the generous support of APS Strategic Partner, ADInstruments. This award recognizes outstanding investigators in the early stages of their career who have made meritorious contributions to the scientific areas represented by the Cardiovascular Section of the APS.
Candidates will be judged on their abstract, new research development(s), how their new area of investigation relates to the Cardiovascular Section and evidence of their independence and promise (funding, peer review activities, etc.). The awardee must attend the Experimental Biology meeting in order to collect the cash prize and will be recognized at the Cardiovascular Section Banquet during the meeting.
- Applicant must be an APS member in good standing.
- Applicant must have a primary affiliation with the Cardiovascular Section.
- Applicant must not be above the rank of assistant professor or a comparable position in a research track in academic institute or in industry.
- Applicant must attend Experimental Biology.
Applicants are required to submit the following:
- Provide biosketch in the current NIH format which includes descriptions of the applicant's contributions to cardiovascular research and a list of no more than 15 most prominent publications. Also provide a first- or senior-authored abstract from the applicant’s laboratory that will be presented at 2020 EB meeting.
- Abstract number.
- Abstract authors full name.
- PDF of abstract submission.
Please note: that materials in excess (eg., inclusion of extra letters beyond 2 required letters or inclusion or curriculum vitae) will be excluded from evaluation.
Applications are only accepted via online submission.