Award at a Glance
Award amount: $2,000 and reimbursement of advanced registration to the APS annual meeting
Deadline: December 15
Questions? Contact: Sections Administrator
Who Can Apply: Outstanding graduate student or postdoctoral fellow. Previous Virendra B. Mahesh Award of Excellence in Endocrinology Awardees are ineligible to apply.
The Virendra B. Mahesh Award of Excellence in Endocrinology & Metabolism is to promote the career development of young investigators pursuing research in the area of Endocrinology. The award will be presented to an outstanding graduate student or postdoctoral fellow who is a rising star in the field of Endocrinology and Metabolism. Candidates will be judged on their academic career and research accomplishments (based on their career stage) as well as by the research abstract submitted to the American Physiology Summit.
- Candidate must be an APS member in good standing
- Candidate must be first author on an abstract submitted to the Endocrinology & Metabolism Section topic category
- Candidates must submit a copy of the first-authored abstract
- Candidates must submit a recommendation letter from their mentor describing why the trainee is deserving of the award including their academic career, research and other accomplishments, letter must state trainee role on the research project presented in the abstract and trainee role on the research project presented in the abstract and trainee eligibility for the award
- Must attend the American Physiology Summit, present their poster presentation at standard American Physiology Summit
- Must present their work in an oral session at the Endocrinology and Metabolism awardees session at the American Physiology Summit
- Must attend the Endocrinology and Metabolism Section Business Meeting and Awards Reception.
- Previous Virendra B. Mahesh Award of Excellence in Endocrinology Awardees are ineligible to apply.
- Abstract Number
- Abstract First Author’s Full Name
- Copy of Abstract Submission
- Recommendation Letter from Mentor
- Biosketch (NIH or NSF format)
Applications are only accepted via online submission.