Award at a Glance
Award amount: $2,000 + EB advanced registration fee reimbursement
Deadline: November 22
Questions? Contact: Sections Administrator
Who Can Apply: Graduate student or postdoctoral fellow. Previous Virendra B. Mahesh Award of Excellence in Endocrinology Awardees are ineligible to apply.
The Virendra B. Mahesh Award of Excellence in Endocrinology is to promote the career development of young investigators pursuing research in the area of Endocrinology. The award will be presented to the graduate student or postdoctoral fellow submitting the best abstract to the Experimental Biology meeting in the area of Endocrinology and Metabolism.
- Canidate must be first author on an abstract submitted to the Endocrinology & Metabolism Section topic category and be certified by his/her advisor as being eligible for such an award.
- Candidates must upload a copy of the first-authored abstract and submit a recommendation letter from the mentor describing why the trainee is deserving of the award.
- Must attend the EB meeting, present his/her poster presentation at standard EB session.
- Must present his/her work in an oral session (15 minutes) at the Endocrinology and Metabolism awardees session at EB.
- Must attend the Endocrinology and Metabolism Section Business Meeting and Awards Reception.
- Previous Virendra B. Mahesh Award of Excellence in Endocrinology Awardees are ineligible to apply.
- Abstract Number
- Abstract First Author’s Full Name
- pdf of Abstract Submission
- Recommendation Letter
Applications are only accepted via online submission.