Award at a Glance
Award amount: $1,000 and reimbursement of advance registration to the APS annual meeting
Application deadline: December 15
Questions? Contact: Brendan Dougherty, PT, PhD, CNS Section Awards Chair
Who can apply: The candidate must be an APS member in good standing with affiliation in the Central Nervous System Section. Preference will be given to those with a primary affiliation in the Central Nervous System Section.
The Central Nervous System Section New Investigator Award (NIA) recognizes an outstanding investigator in the early stages of their career. Candidates should be investigators who have made meritorious contributions to the area represented by the CNS Section.
Applicants will be judged on their publications and scholarly activity, the relatedness of the work to the CNS section as well as evidence for independence and promise as demonstrated by their application materials and letters of nomination. NIA recipients will receive a monetary award and complimentary registration to the American Physiology Summit.
- Applicant should not be above the rank of Assistant Professor or comparable position in a research track at an academic institution or in industry (e.g. Scientist, SR. Scientist, Research Investigator, etc.)
- Applicant must receive nominations from two regular members of APS
- Each applicant is eligible to win this award only once
- Candidate must be an APS member in good standing with affiliation in the Central Nervous System Section. Preference will be given to those with a primary affiliation in the Central Nervous System Section
- Awardees must attend the American Physiology Summit and make an oral or poster presentation
- There is no limit on the number of times an applicant may apply for the CNS section New Investigator award, each applicant is eligible to win this award only once.
Applicants are required to submit the following:
- Curriculum vitae
- Nomination Letter 1
- Nomination Letter 2
- Publication Reprint 1
- Publication Reprint 2
- Publication Reprint 3
- Abstract number
- Name of First Author on Abstract
- Abstract Submission
Please note: that materials in excess (eg., inclusion of extra letters beyond 2 required letters) will be excluded from evaluation.
Applications are only accepted via online submission.