The Cardiovascular Section Clinical Science Young Investigator Award is sponsored by Portland press. This award recognizes an outstanding junior investigator involved in cardiovascular research, with a focus on translational science and medicine (linking basic science to disease mechanisms).
The candidate must attend the Experimental Biology meeting in order to collect the cash prize. The awardee will be recognized at the Cardiovascular Section Banquet during the Experimental Biology meeting.
- Applicant must have received their MD, PhD or equivalent degree within the past 5 years.
- Applicant must be an APS member in good standing.
- Applicant must have a primary affiliation with the Cardiovascular Section.
- Applicant must have submitted a first-authored abstract to the Experimental Biology Meeting.
- Applicant must attend Experimental Biology and present their research.
Applicants are required to submit the following:
- Provide biosketch in the current NIH format including descriptions of the applicant's contributions to cardiovascular research. A focus on translational science & medicine and a first- or senior-authored abstract from their laboratory that will be presented at EB meeting.
- Abstract number.
- Abstract authors full name.
- PDF of abstract submission.
Please note: that materials in excess (eg., inclusion of extra letters beyond 2 required letters or inclusion or curriculum vitae) will be excluded from evaluation.
Applications are only accepted via online submission.