Award at a Glance
Award amount: $500 and complimentary registration to Experimental Biology
Application deadline: November 19
Questions? Contact: APS Section Administrator
Who can apply: Must be an APS member.
The Cardiovascular Section Research Recognition Awards are designed to encourage submission of abstracts to the Experimental Biology meetings from junior investigators (i.e., doctoral students and postdoctoral fellows) and are made possible, in part, by the generous support of Data Sciences International (DSI).
It is expected that awardees will attend the Experimental Biology meeting and present their research. Up to nine Research Recognition Awards will be made each year based upon those abstracts judged to be most meritorious. The awardee will be recognized at the Cardiovascular Section Banquet during the Experimental Biology meeting.
- Applicant must be a doctoral student engaged in their dissertation research while postdoctoral fellows must have earned an MD, PhD or equivalent degree within the past 5 years.
- Applicant must be an APS member in good standing.
- Applicant must have a primary affiliation with the Cardiovascular Section.
- Applicant must have submitted a first-authored abstract to the Experimental Biology Meeting.
- Applicant must attend Experimental Biology.
Applicants are required to submit the following:
- Abstract number.
- Abstract authors full name.
- PDF of abstract submission.
Please note: that materials in excess (eg., inclusion of extra letters beyond 2 required letters or inclusion or curriculum vitae) will be excluded from evaluation.
Applications are only accepted via online submission.