Award at a Glance
Award amount: $1,000 and reimbursement of the early registration fee for the American Physiology Summit
Deadline: November 10
Questions? Contact: Ann Marie Bocus, APS Section Administrator
Who Can Apply: Early career APS members with a primary affiliation in the Endocrinology and Metabolism Section
The Endocrinology & Metabolism (EM) Section New Investigator Award recognizes an outstanding investigator in the early stages of their career. Candidates should be investigators who have made meritorious contributions to the area represented by the Endocrinology & Metabolism Section.
The applicant must:
- be an APS member in good standing with a primary affiliation in the Endocrinology and Metabolism Section.
- The recipient must attend the American Physiology Summit, present their work in an oral session at the Endocrinology and Metabolism awardees session at the American Physiology Summit, and attend the Endocrinology & Metabolism Section Business Meeting and Awards Reception at the American Physiology Summit.
The application package includes:
- the applicants curriculum vitae;
- Up to two nomination letters; and
- Up to three publication reprints.
Candidates will be judged on their publications, how the publications relate to the Endocrinology & Metabolism Section and evidence for independence and promise, e.g., grant funding, peer review activities.
The recipient of the award will present a lecture on their research during one of the scientific sessions of the American Physiology Summit. The awardee will be invited to submit a brief review article on the area of research interest to the American
Journal of Physiology-Endocrinology and Metabolism for publication within one year of receiving the award.
Applications are only accepted via online submission.