Award at a Glance
Award amount: $600, plus reimbursement of the early registration fee to the American Physiology Summit
Deadline: November 10
Questions? Contact: Ann Marie Bocus, APS Sections Administrator
Who Can Apply: Graduate students who are APS Members with a primary EEP Section affiliation.
The Environmental & Exercise Physiology (EEP) Section Gatorade Sport Science Institute Predoctoral Research Award recognizes a predoctoral graduate student for outstanding research in environmental, exercise, thermal, or applied physiology.
- be a graduate student
- be an APS member with primary EEP Section affiliation
- not have received their advanced degree by the abstract deadline, and
- be first author on an abstract submitted to the American Physiology Summit in an EEP topic category.
The application package includes:
- PDF of the abstract
- the abstract number and first author’s full name, sponsor or advisor’s full name and sponsor or advisor’s email address;
- letter from the applicant and co-signed by the primary research mentor stating their eligibility for the award(s) applied for, contribution to the research, significance of the research contained in the abstract to the field and statement of applicant’s research goals;
- biosketch (National Institutes of Health or National Science Foundation format).
- 0.8-inch margins
- 11-point font
- single spaced
Applications will be judged on the following:
- clearly stated hypothesis or aim, technical approach, results reporting, and
Award recipients may receive each award once as a graduate student and once as a postdoctoral fellow, regardless of section affiliation. Applicants may apply to as many awards as they are eligible for, however, recipients may only accept one abstract-based award for the American Physiology Summit.
Applications are only accepted via online submission.