Explore the science behind the biggest issues impacting life and health today and make connections that will last a lifetime at the 2024 American Physiology Summit (#APS2024).
Held annually by the American Physiological Society (APS), the Summit convenes 3,000 researchers, educators and students from around the world who are teaching, learning and working in the physiological sciences.
We have speakers to spark inspiration, spaces to evoke collaboration and a setting in sunny Long Beach where you can put aside the stresses of everyday life and focus on your shared passion for science.
Understanding Life and Health: Immerse yourself in three days of stellar science from leaders in your field. The Summit features:
- two general sessions to inspire the entire physiology community,
- eight game-changer sessions on vital issues presented by top scientists,
- 80 foundational science sessions on novel topics that include intersectional and multidisciplinary sessions, and
- poster receptions featuring discoveries on the cutting edge of bioscience.
Vital Connections: Considered a homecoming for physiologists, the Summit is stacked with fun and unique opportunities to connect with old and new friends. Gather with 3,000 members of your global physiology community, a diverse yet close-knit cohort of individuals teaching, learning and working in physiology and related fields
Networking, Collaboration and Learning: Located in the Long Beach Convention Center, the PhysioHub is the heart of the Summit experience. Each day, there are new and exciting opportunities for scientific exchange, networking and collaboration. The PhysioHub is home to our wine and cheese poster receptions, lounges, games, industry partners and bonus sessions designed to move your work and career forward.
- Session Proposal Information
- Registration Information (coming soon)
- Abstract Submission Information
- Awards at the Summit (coming soon)
- Dates and Deadlines
2023 Programming and Events
- Full Program
- Keynote Speaker—David Julius, PhD
- Keynote Speaker—Terrie Williams, PhD
- Game Changer Sessions
- Distinguished Lecturers
- Mobile App
- Section and Groups Banquet Tickets
- Pre-Summit Events
- Physical Poster Information
- Speaker Audiovisual Instructions
Getting and Staying There
- Hotel Information (coming soon)
- Travel & Transportation
- Explore Long Beach
- Map of the Long Beach Convention Center
- Local Discounts for Attendees