Welcome to the 2022 Control of Renal Function in Health and Disease Conference
The American Physiological Society, in conjunction with the American Society for Nephrology, will be hosting the 2022 Control of Renal Function in Health and Disease Conference (#KidneyCamp). This will be the 12th in a series of conferences held every
three years, since 1989, on kidney research.
The conference will focus on novel areas of renal function and disease. Invited talks will emphasize unpublished data and current work, allowing attendees access to the latest developments in kidney research. Topics will include:
- circadian clock-mediated regulation of kidney function and blood pressure;
- renal consequences of obesity, metabolic syndrome and diabetes;
- New sensing and signaling pathways in the control of renal function;
- juxtaglomerular apparatus, renin and glomerular dynamics;
- immune system contributions to renal tubular transport, hemodynamics and hypertension;
- the kidney and hypertension
- single-cell RNA sequencing and organoids in renal physiology and disease;
- polycystic and other inherited kidney diseases;
- mathematical modeling to study kidney function and disease;
- kidney crosstalk with other organs; and
- dietary control of renal function and hypertension.
Invited speakers and conference chairs are geographically diverse, representing laboratories from around the world. This will allow for the exchange of new ideas and encourage opportunities for collaboration, thus ensuring viability of the field.
Students, postdoctoral fellows and junior faculty are highly encouraged to submit an abstract and to attend this conference. Travel awards will be awarded to young investigators selected to present brief talks and for top poster presentations. Workshops geared towards trainees will facilitate informal interaction and networking with colleagues.
The American Physiological Society would like to thank and acknowledge the following organizations for their support of the conference:
- Abstract Submission: EXTENDED to April 22, 2022, at 11:59 p.m. EDT
- Award Submission: EXTENDED to April 22, 2022, at 11:59 p.m. EDT
- Housing Reservation: May 29, 2022
- Advanced Registration: June 10, 2022
- Registration: June 17, 2022
- Code of Conduct
- Health, Safety & Vaccination Verification
- Oral Presentation Guidelines
- Organizing Committee
- Poster Presentation Guidelines
- Schedule at a Glance
- Travel & Transportation
- Visa & Passport Information