- Membership & Community
Publications & News
News & Other Media
The Physiologist Magazine
- Mentoring Forum
- Find Us on Social Media
Meetings & Events
- Experimental Biology
APS Institute on Teaching and Learning
- Oral Presentation Guidelines
- Poster Presentations Information & Instructions
- Press Releases
- Travel & Transportation
- New Teacher Workshop
- International Conference on Heme Oxygenase and Related Enzymes: From Physiology to Therapeutics
- Integrative Physiology of Exercise
- Related Meetings
- Guidelines for Physiology In Focus Conferences
- Conference Policies
- Conference Proceedings
- Submit a Conference Proposal
Past APS Conferences
- APS/ASN Control of Renal Function in Health and Disease Conference
- Interface of Mathematical Models and Experimental Biology: Role of the Microvasculature Conference
- Aldosterone and ENaC in Health and Disease: The Kidney and Beyond Conference
- Career & Professional Development
- Meetings & Events
Advocacy & Resources
- Policy & Advocacy
- Teaching & Learning Resources
- Diversity & Inclusion Resources
- About APS
Mentoring is fundamental to a successful career in research. APS supports the mentoring efforts of our members and facilitates the building of strong mentor-mentee relationships through a number of programs and initiatives.
APS recognizes the importance of mentoring the next generation of scientists. Nominate your mentor for one of our prestigious mentoring awards.
- A. Clifford Barger Underrepresented Minority Mentorship Award
- Bodil M. Schmidt-Nielsen Distinguished Mentor and Scientist Award
In each issue of The Physiologist Magazine, a trainee member asks an established member a career or professional development question.
The annual APS Mentoring Symposium is organized by members of the Women in Physiology Committee and takes place at the Society’s annual meeting. View past topics, presentations and learn more from our most recent symposia.
The Mentoring Forum posts features every other month that cover all aspects of mentoring relevant to today’s trainees at all stages of their careers. View a collection of APS Mentoring Forum resources on popular topics including post-PhD job planning, alternative careers in life science and recruiting new students to join your lab.