Integrative Physiology of Exercise Statement on COVID-19 for November 11—13, 2020 in Austin
APS is closely monitoring World Health Organization, U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, local and regional COVID-19 guidelines to ensure the health and safety of our meeting attendees. Every measure will be taken to ensure safe and sanitary conditions at the in-person meeting. Conference organizers are working on an outstanding meeting program including oral presentation opportunities and a quiz bowl competition. Stayed tuned for more information.
Plan to attend the Integrative Physiology of Exercise conference in Austin, Texas, this November. The conference—organized by Scott and Todd Trappe and other leading experts—is geared toward all scientists working in the field of exercise physiology and those interested in learning more about the field. The conference theme is “Distinguished Past, Bright Future.” We are excited to present a program that will include many opportunities for researchers to present their research, network and hear presentations on a variety of topics in exercise research.
Conference highlights will include:
- New science in areas not routinely covered at this conference such as exercise and organ cross-talk, connective tissue and exercise, astronaut health for a mission to Mars and performance-enhancing agents for health and athletic competition.
- Preclinical and clinical updates from the $200 million National Institutes of Health Molecular Transducers of Physical Activity Consortium initiative.
- Recognition of key historical milestones in exercise physiology, including the 100-year anniversary of August Krogh’s 1920 Nobel Prize for capillary diffusion, a century of progress since A.V. Hill’s seminal foundation of VO2max, and the many scientific contributions of John Holloszy.
- A focus on trainees and early investigators with oral presentation opportunities, quiz bowl competition, a chaperone program,numerous awards and much more.
- Abstract submission: August 3
- Award application: August 3
- Advance registration: September 30
- Housing registration: October 18
- Registration: October 19
- Cancellation: October 22
- Oral Presentation Guidelines
- Poster Presentation Information & Instructions
- Press Releases
- Quiz Bowl
- Schedule at a Glance
- Sponsor Prospectus
- Travel & Transportation