- Membership & Community
Publications & News
News & Other Media
The Physiologist Magazine
- January 2020
- March 2020
- May 2020
- May 2020
- July 2020
- Mentoring Forum
- Find Us on Social Media
Meetings & Events
- Experimental Biology
- APS Institute on Teaching and Learning
- Integrative Physiology of Exercise
- Related Meetings
- Guidelines for Physiology In Focus Conferences
- Conference Policies
- Conference Proceedings
- Submit a Conference Proposal
Past APS Conferences
- APS/ASN Control of Renal Function in Health and Disease Conference
- Interface of Mathematical Models and Experimental Biology: Role of the Microvasculature Conference
- Aldosterone and ENaC in Health and Disease: The Kidney and Beyond Conference
- Career & Professional Development
- Meetings & Events
Advocacy & Resources
- Policy & Advocacy
Teaching & Learning Resources
- Educator Resources
- Trainee Resources
- Student Resources
- COVID-19 Resources
APS Graduate Physiology & Biomedical Science Catalog
- Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center
- Medical College of Wisconsin
- The University of Arizona
- The University of Iowa
- The University of Mississippi Medical Center
- University of California, Davis
- University of Georgia College of Veterinary Medicine
- University of Minnesota
- University of Nebraska Medical Center
- University of Texas Health Science Center
- Wayne State University
- Physiology Department Catalog Submission Form
- Diversity & Inclusion Resources
- Welcome to APS
- APS Governance
APS advocates for predicable, sustainable growth for the National Institutes of Health, the National Science Foundation, and the biomedical research budgets of Veterans Affairs and NASA.
The APS makes yearly recommendations to Congress regarding the budgets of NIH, NSF, NASA and the VA.
- APS urged Congress to fund NIH at level of at least $44.7 billion in FY 2021.
- APS supports a funding level of at least $9.4 billion for NSF in FY 2021, a restoration of cuts to NASA’s life sciences research budgets, and an increase in funding for the Human Research Program.
- APS recommends a funding level of $860 million for the VA Medical and Prosthetic Research Program in FY 2021.
- The APS urged Congress to fund NIH at level of at least $41.6 billion billion in FY 2020.
- The APS urged Congress to fund NSF at a level of at least $9 billion and to restore cuts to NASA's life sciences research budgets and to increase funding for the Human Research Program in FY 2020.
- APS urged Congress to fund NIH at level of at least $39.3 billion in FY 2019.
- APS urged Congress to fund NSF at a level of at least $8.45 billion and to restore cuts to NASA's life sciences research budgets in FY 2019.