- Membership & Community
Publications & News
News & Other Media
The Physiologist Magazine
- January 2020
- March 2020
- May 2020
- May 2020
- Mentoring Forum
- Find Us on Social Media
Meetings & Events
- Experimental Biology
APS Institute on Teaching and Learning
- Oral Presentation Guidelines
- Poster Presentations Information & Instructions
- Press Releases
- Travel & Transportation
- New Teacher Workshop
- Integrative Physiology of Exercise
- Related Meetings
- Physiology in Focus Webinar Series
- Guidelines for Physiology In Focus Conferences
- Conference Policies
- Conference Proceedings
- Submit a Conference Proposal
Past APS Conferences
- APS/ASN Control of Renal Function in Health and Disease Conference
- Interface of Mathematical Models and Experimental Biology: Role of the Microvasculature Conference
- Aldosterone and ENaC in Health and Disease: The Kidney and Beyond Conference
- Career & Professional Development
- Meetings & Events
Advocacy & Resources
- Policy & Advocacy
- Teaching & Learning Resources
- Diversity & Inclusion Resources
- Welcome to APS
- APS Governance
APS advocates for predicable, sustainable growth for the National Institutes of Health, the National Science Foundation, and the biomedical research budgets of Veterans Affairs and NASA.
- Urge Congress to Raise the Caps
Unless Congress passes legislation before October 1, 2019 to raise the budget caps that were put in place by the Budget Control Act of 2011, non-defense discretionary funding will be cut by $55 billion relative to FY 2019.
- What to Expect in the 116th Congress
The mid-term elections held on November 6, 2018 brought change to Washington, D.C. Democrats take the majority in the House of Representatives, while Republicans maintain a slim majority in the Senate.
The APS makes yearly recommendations to Congress regarding the budgets of NIH, NSF, NASA and the VA.
- APS urged Congress to fund NIH at level of at least $44.7 billion in FY 2021.
- APS supports a funding level of at least $9.4 billion for NSF in FY 2021, a restoration of cuts to NASA’s life sciences research budgets, and an increase in funding for the Human Research Program.
- APS recommends a funding level of $860 million for the VA Medical and Prosthetic Research Program in FY 2021.
- The APS urged Congress to fund NIH at level of at least $41.6 billion billion in FY 2020.
- The APS urged Congress to fund NSF at a level of at least $9 billion and to restore cuts to NASA's life sciences research budgets and to increase funding for the Human Research Program in FY 2020.
- APS urged Congress to fund NIH at level of at least $39.3 billion in FY 2019.
- APS urged Congress to fund NSF at a level of at least $8.45 billion and to restore cuts to NASA's life sciences research budgets in FY 2019.