- Membership & Community
Publications & News
The Physiologist Magazine
- January 2020
- March 2020
- May 2020
- May 2020
- July 2020
- September 2020
- Mentoring Forum
- Find Us on Social Media
- The Physiologist Magazine
Meetings & Events
- Experimental Biology
- Integrative Physiology of Exercise
- Related Meetings
- Guidelines for Physiology In Focus Conferences
- Conference Policies
- Conference Proceedings
- Submit a Conference Proposal
Past APS Conferences
- APS/ASN Control of Renal Function in Health and Disease Conference
- Interface of Mathematical Models and Experimental Biology: Role of the Microvasculature Conference
- Aldosterone and ENaC in Health and Disease: The Kidney and Beyond Conference
- APS Institute on Teaching and Learning
- Career & Professional Development
- Meetings & Events
Advocacy & Resources
- Policy & Advocacy
Teaching & Learning Resources
- Educator Resources
- Trainee Resources
- Student Resources
- COVID-19 Resources
APS Graduate Physiology & Biomedical Science Catalog
- Augusta University
- Case Western Reserve University – School of Medicine
- Chatham University
- Des Moines University
- Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center
- Loyola University Chicago
- Marquette University
- Mayo Clinic Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences
- Medical College of Wisconsin
- New York Medical College
- Stony Brook University
- The University of Arizona
- The University of Iowa
- The University of Mississippi Medical Center
- The University of Texas at Arlington
- University of California, Davis
- University of Delaware
- University of Georgia College of Veterinary Medicine
- University of Louisville
- University of Michigan
- University of Minnesota
- University of Missouri
- University of Missouri-Columbia
- University of Nebraska Medical Center
- University of New Mexico
- University of Oregon
- University of South Dakota
- University of Texas Health Science Center
- Wayne State University
- Western Colorado University
- West Virginia University Health Sciences Center
- Physiology Department Catalog Submission Form
- Diversity & Inclusion Resources
- About APS
Early Career Advocacy Fellowship
Do you want to improve your outreach skills and learn more about science policy? Apply for our Early Career Advocacy Fellowship! This two-year program engages early career investigators in advocacy activities and provides them with skills to become long-term advocates for scientific research.
The APS makes yearly recommendations to Congress regarding the budgets of NIH, NSF, NASA and the VA.
- APS urged Congress to fund NIH at level of at least $44.7 billion in FY 2021.
- APS supports a funding level of at least $9.4 billion for NSF in FY 2021, a restoration of cuts to NASA’s life sciences research budgets, and an increase in funding for the Human Research Program.
- APS recommends a funding level of $860 million for the VA Medical and Prosthetic Research Program in FY 2021.
- The APS urged Congress to fund NIH at level of at least $41.6 billion billion in FY 2020.
- The APS urged Congress to fund NSF at a level of at least $9 billion and to restore cuts to NASA's life sciences research budgets and to increase funding for the Human Research Program in FY 2020.
- APS urged Congress to fund NIH at level of at least $39.3 billion in FY 2019.
- APS urged Congress to fund NSF at a level of at least $8.45 billion and to restore cuts to NASA's life sciences research budgets in FY 2019.
- Animal Research is Essential to the Search for Cures
Humane research involving animals provides unique insights into biological structure and function. These insights offer major benefits to both human and animal health.
- Guiding Principles for the Care and Use of Vertebrate Animals in Research and Training
Animal experiments are to be undertaken only with the purpose of advancing knowledge. Consideration should be given to the appropriateness of experimental procedures, species of animals used and number of animals required.
- Air Transport of Animals Advances Human and Animal Welfare
Air transportation is essential so scientists can work with animal models and is the most humane transportation option for the animals themselves.
- On the Use of Animals in Teaching
The study of living systems is an essential component of physiology instruction. Teaching laboratories that actively engage students in observation of and interaction with living systems enhance student understanding of physiology.
- APS Condemns Extremism and Harassment
The American Physiological Society unequivocally condemns the targeting of individuals engaged in legitimate scientific inquiry.